The programs profiled in this guide represent a variety of initiatives and opportunities for students to take advantage of the training and preparation offered by CTE, which offers more than most people may realize. Key elements identified in the educational collaborations profiled in this report include:
- Leadership that scans the economy to identify emerging workforce needs
- Extensive discussions with employers in the conceptualization of new programs
- Development of constructive relationships between CTCs and postsecondary partners
- Identification and recruitment of instructors with strong workforce experience and the ability to develop instructional expertise
- Creative approaches to curriculum and program design
- Thoughtful marketing of programs to potential students and employers
Continue reading to discover just a sampling of the innovative programs taking place inside Pennsylvanias CTCs – click HERE.