At a Glance
Lebanon County Career and Technology Center offers a variety of programs to help students learn about and explore post-secondary opportunities.
Administrators, teachers, and counselors at Lebanon County Career and Technology Center provide innovative supports that increase students college and career awareness. Their goal is to help students make a successful transition from high school to their future career or education.
Origin / Implementation
The following programs are available to students from every program area:
- The school hosts a mini post-secondary fair and financial aid presentations by a Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) representative to parents and students during the annual parent night at the end of September/beginning of October.
- All seniors attend a presentation on post-secondary planning that includes financial aid and Students Occupationally and Academically Ready (SOAR) information in October. The school counselor with the help of PHEAA gives this presentation.
- The school counselor and a representative from PHEAA hold a financial aid workshop in February for parents and students. This is an opportunity for parents and students to file their financial aid application with support.
- The school counselor, along with a PHEAA representative, provides a smart borrowing for post-Secondary education presentation to all juniors in April.
- Various post-secondary institutions provide presentations to juniors and seniors beginning in September through March.
- Military recruiters set up a lunch display to speak to students during their lunch period throughout the school year.
- The school Job Trainer and instructors set up post-secondary field trips to tour the campus.
- All students have access to the school to work opportunities such as job shadowing, paid and unpaid internships, cooperative education, and clinical experiences.
- The school advertises scholarship opportunities for students on the schools website, in the counseling office, as well as through emails that instructors announce to their students.
- The school counselor provides individual post-secondary planning to all students by appointment.
- All annual IEP meetings discuss post-secondary in the transition section of the IEP. A school representative attends these meetings.
Lebanon County Career and Technology Center
Kelly Flowers, School Counselor
Karen Gulotta, Special Populations Coordinator